Outlook Connector will not download ALL messages from hotmail accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoundWound

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Hello,

I recently set up 2 hotmail accounts in Outlook 2007 and used the Outlook Connector to do it.

The problem is that the Outlook Connector will only download about 30% of the email on the server. For one account it will not download anything older than 6/2/2010 and the other account it will not download anything older than 1/20/2010.

I've tried multiple times and I've removed and replaced the accounts and it just will not work.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the cause of this?

FYI, I am running Windows XP SP3 fully updated and Outlook 2007 fully updated.

Thanks

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have no idea, but I've seen other reports of this. Maybe someone else knows what is going on.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Have you ever used POP3 to download your mail? I have a theory that the new POP3 folder Hotmail moves mail to when the POP client deletes it from the server is somehow involved, but that is just a wild guess.

Like Larry says, this seems to be a growing problem. I contacted product support about it but don't really expect and answer before monday or tuesday.

Forum Admin

Check this and see it is still a problem. There was a bug on the server side that was fixed over thanksgiving.

They said it affected first syncs - so if you wait for a bit (a few hours) the older mail might download.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
As an FYI, they identified the problem- the changes they thought were in the update package rolled out Thanksgivig weekend were not in it. It should be fixed correctly soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.