Tasks are handled through email but deleted email removes task history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swmagic

Exchange (maybe):

I assign a task to Valerie and link to a contact Mary in the contact linking field for that task. Valerie receives the task as piggybacked into an email and then accepts the task, sent back to me also piggybacked in an email. If I want to keep the task history, do I need to keep the emails? I ask this because the task showed up in Mary's activities (which is what I wanted) but when I delete the email from the deleted items folder, the history record matching that task disappears from the activities for Mary.

This seems either wrong or rather clumsy--is this normal?

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
This is the contacts activities? Are you Keeping an updated copy of the task on my task list? If so, they should be in the Activities tab.

Oh. Are you using Outlook 2010? Activities is broken, so you'll only see email in Activities - Tasks and Calendar folders aren't searched any more. See Outlook 2010 Contact Activities for more information.

swmagic

Thanks Larry, I agree they should be in the Activities tab...but they disappear with the disappearance of the email. This is Outlook 2007, I'm not particularly fond of 2010 (and we did this WHY, Bill? Oh, I know, to keep the priesthood).

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You should have a copy of the task in your tasks - assuming you are keeping a copy on the task list. But due to a bug in outlook 2010, tasks don't show on Activities - you need to look at the Tasks folder to see them. The Email response shows because its email. If the email copy is the only thing you have, deleting it will delete it from your mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.