Error Messages when exporting Outlook 2010 Contacts to a CSV (DOS) or Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshak

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I just upgraded my computer to run MS Office 2010 Pro from Office XP, SP3. I run XP SP3. I had trouble with my Outlook 2002 XP at the holidays trying to export contacts to either a CVS file or Excel files. Now, I'm trying to find an elegant way to get my contacts in a format to export to Yahoo for my mobile mail application since Yahoo sync does not seem to work. I also would like to be able to export my contacts in these formats for other applications since Outlook is where and how I have my contacts up to date. Everytime I try, I get this error message:

"A file error has occurred in the translator while trying to establish a field map.

You do not have permission for the file "C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Application Data\Comma Separated Values (DOS).ADR." This could be because the disk is locked, the file is read-only, in use by another program, or because you do not have permission to use a network path."

I have an individual computer in a home-based business and it is not networked. Prior to migrating to a new cell phone, I synced Outlook with a Tungsten E2. That pathway is now unavailable due to conduit issues (which I think are coming from RAZR-related Motocast or a Verizon MCast Media that I installed and uninstalled.) I want to fix the issue so I can migrate from the Palm to the phone.

Can anyone offer advice? I tried one solution today to change some settings per a post about Outlook 2003 and 2010 about installing filters but it did not work with the 2010 settings.

Thanks for any insights.

Re: Error Messages when exporting Outlook 2010 Contacts to a CSV (DOS) or Exce

Did you verify the export filters were installed? Go to Add/Remove programs and select the office install then choose the option to change - then choose the option to add or remove features. Expand Outlook section - is importers and exporters all installed? I thought they were all installed by default -so if they are installed, do a repair install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
B No Error messages, just not working BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S macro error 4605 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D.Moore Strange VBA error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Event Error on non existent Event. Using Outlook 2
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
A Links in email getting error message about group policy Using Outlook 4
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
Cathy Rhone Mail merge error message Using Outlook 1
U Outlook 2019 VBA run-time error 424 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Outlook error 500 Using Outlook 2
O Comma Separated Values.ADR and A file error has occurred in the translator Using Outlook 6
D We're sorry but outlook has run into an error Using Outlook 6
D Outlook 2016 Outlook Error Msg "The operation cannot be performed ..." How to Stop it Using Outlook 4
P Outlook 2013 All imported Mail Rules in error when imported into new profile Using Outlook 5
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 2
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Complite error on SaveAsFile method Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
M Compile error: User-defined type not defined Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
J OLADD.FAE Error When Exporting Contacts Using Outlook 6
C Send/receive error 80040119 Using Outlook 2
W error with the permission for the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook 2019 MAC sync error after working for 4 hours Using Outlook 1
A Run time error 424. object required in outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
M error code 0x8DE00006 Using Outlook 1
M Desktop Version Of Outlook Generating Error Using Outlook 4
M Send/Receive error 0x800CCC0F Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2016 CSV Translator Import Error Using Outlook 6
ManaarZakaria I'm afraid of this issue, cause of strange error Exchange Server Administration 2
P Suppress dialog box on email check error? Using Outlook 5
vodkasoda Object could not be found Error in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S VBA Macro - Run-time error '424': object required - Help Please Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
avant-guvnor Outlook.Application now produces error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Run Time Error 91 when linking contact to task in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
N Saving And Deleting Outlook Attachments with Unknown Error Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Dennis Gaudenzi Your setup couldn't be started because of an unexpected error (mapi 0x80040604) Using Outlook 14
M Outlook 2013 fails to start -- missing WindowsCodecs.dll error Using Outlook 3
Steshelter ICloud Unexpected Error Using Outlook 5
Rupert Dragwater "there was an error reading this theme" Using Outlook 3
A Error: The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0