Unable to Sync Phones but OWA connects

sinetkec

Outlook version
Outlook on the web
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

I manage a server for a client that has Exch 2003. When we came into the picture -their OWA was setup and working, but they are unable to sync mobile devices. I have an iPhone that sees the server but fails to retrieve mail. When I run Exchange Connectivity Tests I get the following results:

Attempting to send an Autodiscover POST request to potential Autodiscover URLs.
Autodiscover settings weren't obtained when the Autodiscover POST request was sent.
Test Steps
ExRCA is attempting to retrieve an XML Autodiscover response from URL https://autodiscover.ansercomm.com/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml for user mvasquez@ansercomm.com.
ExRCA failed to obtain an Autodiscover XML response.
Additional Details
A Web exception occurred because an HTTP 404 - NotFound response was received from IIS6.

I am not sure where the 404 Error is coming from for AutoDiscover, and cannot seem to find that. Internally I cannot access the URL either so I have a feeling that is the starting point to the problem. I have done a bit of research and tried different things:

Form Based Auth on/off

SSL on / off

Port # Changes.

DNS Changes

Presently the OWA still works fine and is usable. I need to find a way to get this error resolved so we can sync mobile devices. Any ideas what I am missing or where I can look to fix this? I hope to be able to help other people with Outlook problems and find that the resources on this site are useful!

Thanks in advance,

Marc