Remove sharing icon from outlook contacts

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi Guys,

I have situation here, sharing(hand) icon doesn’t go away even after sharing has been removed from the outlook contacts. I am using Outlook 2007 and Exchange server 2003. Even I have tried moving my mailbox to another server still the same, this occurs even if my outlook configures in another PC.

I need help to remove the sharing(hand) icon from the contacts in the outlook 2007

Thanks in advance

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks for your response,

I have already removed permissions, and there are no delegates assigned to the mailbox.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
So there are no names on the permissions tab? Try adding Default = None. Also try deleting the ost, is the hand on the folder when outlook rebuilds the cache?

BTW, this is on your default contacts folder, correct?

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Yes, This problem occurs on my default contact folder , and also tried adding Default =None on permission tab ,But still the same. This occurs both on cache mode and also on non- cache mode

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Not sure this is the correct method, I have Deleted the Default contact folder from the outlook from the tool MFCMAPI and then run the command outlook /resetfolders, This has resolved my problem.

Thanks for your help

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If it fixed it when none of the other less invasive methods worked, it was the right method. :)