Status
Not open for further replies.

surajprabhu

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
HI

We have an Business application (SAP CRM) from where we are sending HTML formatted emails with LINKS. While the emails are rendered as expected in a lot of clients inlcuding Lotus Notes, ipHone Client also Gmail and out look webaccess , but in the Outlook 2010 client reading pane all the contents are jumbled and the formatting is lost.

Below is the screenshot of how the email is rendered in the Outlook 2010 client. (Similar in 2007 client)

>

Below is a screeshot of the same email which is rendered perfectly fine in Outlook Webaccess.

Is there any setting that i need to do in order to render this email fine in outlook. Lot of our customers receive this email and we are getting complaints about this.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Regards

Suraj

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Normally, at the top, just under the sender's name, is an infobar where you can restore line breaks. Go to File, options, mail - near the bottom is a checkbox to remove extra line breaks. Try removing the check.

if you have the ability to customize the template in the crm app, add 3 spaces at the end of the line and outlook won't remove the breaks.

surajprabhu

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Normally, at the top, just under the sender's name, is an infobar where you can restore line breaks. Go to File, options, mail - near the bottom is a checkbox to remove extra line breaks. Try removing the check.

if you have the ability to customize the template in the crm app, add 3 spaces at the end of the line and outlook won't remove the breaks.
hi Diane,

Thanks for the responce. I tied what you suggested but it did not work. Below is the Contents , when I do a View Source , not sure if it helps.

surajprabhu

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi All,

Also below is the Message properties. Not sure if this helps.

The header looks fine - I've deleted it to protect personal data.

Forum Admin

The line breaks (<br> tags) look good - although i wonder if the </br> format is confusing outlook. I'm not html expert, but I didn't think that </br> was valid HTML. Either <br> or <br /> is valid html.

surajprabhu

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Dear,

Admin / Moderator.

Thanks for delete some of the content. can you also please delete the other sample email HTML contents I put ? as that one also has a lot of personal info.

-Suraj

Status
Not open for further replies.