Outlook 2010 - missing "Updated: ... " in subject text after calendar update

johansen

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
hi all,

we are moving all users from outlook 2003 to outlook 2010 (with exchange 2007) and using a mailbox to share some calendars.

in outlook 2003 once updating calendar items all attendees received an alert with "Updated: xxx" in the subject line.

this is not there anymore so some attendees do have problems organizing because calendar items could also be a new one instead just a updated item.

Is there any way we can activated the "updated..." text again in outlook 2010?

Any hints are welcome :)

Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Re: Outlook 2010 - missing "Updated: ... " in subject text after calendar upda

Hmmm. It should be in the subject. Is the organizers name also in the subject? If not, the admin could be using the mailboxcalendarsetting cmdlet, which is removing update too. (I don't think it will remove updated, but I also never checked for that when i tested the cmdlet.)

johansen

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Re: Outlook 2010 - missing "Updated: ... " in subject text after calendar upda

Hmmm. It should be in the subject. Is the organizers name also in the subject? If not, the admin could be using the mailboxcalendarsetting cmdlet, which is removing update too. (I don't think it will remove updated, but I also never checked for that when i tested the cmdlet.)
thanks for your response.

no, the meetings' organizer name is not in the subject.

doesnt matter if we are using shared calendars or my own - both don't show up, so I guess it's maybe really a new "outlook feature" or general exchange settings are not applied/set correctly.

I couldn't find a setting in the set-mailboxcalendarsettings commandlet which may be the reason for this behavior.

if you test your own do you see "updated.. " in the subject text after a calendar item has been updated?