Status
Not open for further replies.

chumbalum

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

we're using Outlook 2010 in connection with Exchange 2010 and we wanted to offer some forms for employees. The easiest way, I thought, was to select the central-folder manually in Outlook once and then use the saved folder in the "Search in" list. This works, but I didn't find a way to delete unused folders from that list again. I tried several switches to start Outlook with, but they didn't help.

Here's a screenshot of the window I'm talking about:

Unbenannt.PNG

I hope someone can help me with this issue

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
oh, did i misread and you want to delete from the MRU list in that drop down menu? I think its a reg key - i'll check on it.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Office Explorer - delete the namespaces key. You can't edit so - if there are any folders you want listed, you'll need to browse to add them back.

chumbalum

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Office Explorer - delete the frame key. You can't edit so - if there are any folders you want listed, you'll need to browse to add them back.
I had to delete the namespace key too, but now it's clean again.

Thank you very much :)

Forum Admin

As an FYI, the value is in the namespaces key, not frames. It was a 'fingers moved faster than brain' typo. sorry about that. It certainly doesn't hurt to remove both keys though - outlook recreates them as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.