Creating rules for incoming emails to be forwarded

EMP

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
So I have an automated message system that can only deliver to one address. I have a group inbox in outlook that can forward to the required recipients so I need to create a rule that will take in the automated message and forward it accordingly. Now the only constant between the automated message is the subject line and that in [ This ### Test ]. I want the rule to recongnize the [ This ] and [ Test ] but because the numbers will always be different, is there a wild card symbol that will ignore what the number is?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No, sorry there is no wildcard you can use. Can you filter on words in the header or the sender's address? If the only mail from the automated system is the messages you want to forward, you can use that address. Otherwise, will a combination of the address and words in the header work, where the words are "Subject: This" ?

EMP

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Well the main thing I needed to know was if there was. I was able to modify the rule to look for the words in the subject line, and forward them accordingly, since the recipient recieves different emails from the automated notifications.

Thank you for your response :)