OL2007 -- All day appt. end time is "tomorrow"

Status
Not open for further replies.

prometheusdc

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
In Outlook 2007, when I create an "all day event", the time gets filled in (and greyed out) as 12:00am. That's fine, since it is officially the last time of that day. However, it is also officially the first time of the next day.

This becomes a problem when trying to use an advanced filter to highlight items with

"End" that is

"on or before" a value of

"Yesterday"

Since yesterday's all day appointment is also technically part of today, the filter does not recognize that appointment as meeting the criteria and so does not highlight it.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to get around this (technically correct but) odd behavior?

Thanks for any help!

Kory...

P.S. I did search the forum for this topic, but did not see it already addressed. My apologies if I missed it.

I would probably use the Query Builder and add a filter for "end on or before today and is all day event" and OR it together with the filter you are using. There may be other fields you could filter on, but i believe all will require the query builder.

This is my filter with query builder and it seems to work ok -

Attachments

• on-or-before.png
    on-or-before.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 475
Outstanding! Thanks for letting me know about QueryBuilder. What a great tool.

Of course, it all turned out just a bit more complicated, because I wanted to have different formatting for appointments from "today". But after some experimentation, I got it to work they way I wanted.

I've attached some screenshots in case anyone else is looking for a similar solution.

Note: the "Completed" field is from an Outlook add-in called "GTD" by NetCentrics.

Thanks very much for your help, Diane.

Kory...

Attachments

• Completed.jpg
    Completed.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 505
  • Pending.jpg
    Pending.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 497
  • Overdue.jpg
    Overdue.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 465
  • Result.PNG
    Result.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 466
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Does the .fdm contain my custom form? How to make ol use it? - ol2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E OL2007 on Exchange: opening OL on different computers Using Outlook 1
Z OL2007 - is there a way to disable the "feature" that cripples mails that are in the "junk" folder? Using Outlook 37
R Multiple instances of OL2007 and creating rules Exchange Server Administration 1
T Search for multiple contacts in OL2007 Using Outlook 3
M Develop for OL2003 on OL2007 machine using VS2008 and VSTO? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M OL2007 Add-in won't install on OL2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Embed Word doc w/form into OL2007 form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Right-click an address -> add to BCM? [OL2007] BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Deploying OL2007 Add-In Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to replace getcontactsfolder (ol2007) in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Redemption not working on OL2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Deleting Office 365 calendar appt w/o emailing invitees Using Outlook 3
Ms_Cynic Auto-pasting email content in calendar appt? Using Outlook 2
T A 2nd appt xxx days after the 1st Using Outlook 1
B Notice to user of appt. set by person with permission to edit (Outlook 2003) Using Outlook 7
J [SOLVED] Shared Calendars with Same Appt., How to Show One Entry on Calendar Using Outlook 1
R Inserting a hyperlink in the bod of an outlook appt. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
J VBA Outlook : Subject line : Cut and Paste name to heading , number to very end of the body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A End-time meeting reminder (or "negative" time relative to the meeting start time) Using Outlook 1
Z Outlook Custom Form: Adding Dropdown(Project Code) at the end of subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Reminder due end of August is showing up now Using Outlook 2
M Breaking lines, expected end of statement Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Recurring Task End Date Varies Using Outlook 3
Ascar_CT Outlook.com transition to Exchange Server on the back-end Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky The calendar shows the wrong day at the beginning or end of the month Using Outlook 0
O Saving Attachments to folder on disk and adding Initials to end of file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
E Adding Start and End Time to Daily View in Calendar Printing assistant Using Outlook 1
A Appointment recurrence reset to 'end after 25 occurrences' Using Outlook 1
J iCloud Calendar/Contacts Syncing Hangs At End - aplzod Data Store Not Created Using Outlook 8
N Filter end date works differently in OL'07/OL'10 vs OL'03? Hello?! Using Outlook 12
P Sorting Task List so tasks with no due date end up at the bottom Using Outlook 4
H Sent emails end up in duplicate in Sent items folder Using Outlook 13
S Outlook 2011 for Mac - Exchange Server address changes from public front-end to internal hub server Using Outlook 5
C removing "Microsoft "End-User License Agreement" window BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Program won't end in Win7 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Retrieving work week (start/end times) from outlook with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5