Sync outlook with iphone after adding exchange mail account

VaughanR

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I needed to alter my Outlook setup in order to receive work emails via an Exchange server. In doing this I was setup with two profiles: one for my personal email and one for the exchange email. After spending a few days logging out of Outlook, switching profile and restarting it, I thought I would combine the two accounts into one profile. While doing this Microsoft helpfully popped up a window to tell me that this worked best if Exchange was made my default account and that is how it had already configured it (too bad if I did not want to do it this way).

Anyway it has transpired that when I sync my iphone with outlook it now uses the calendar and contacts in the exchange account and not in my personal folder account. Hence I have had all of my iphone contacts and calendar items disappear.

Does anyone know how to reverse what Microsoft have done so that I can sync with my personal contacts and calendars once more?

Forum Admin

What are you using to sync - icloud or itunes and connecting to the computer?

If you are syncing with outlook directly, can you get along with 2 profiles- one for working, with both accounts and one for syncing, with only the pop account?

To do this, copy the current profile, open the copy and delete the exchange account. Either make a shortcut to open outlook with the sync profile or set outlook to always ask which profile to use.

VaughanR

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I am using iTunes and sync'ing using a direct connection (USB) with my computer.

Thanks for the suggestion which I must say is quite ingenious :).