Can't create new email or access email acounts Outlook 2003

onthebeaches

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Hello

This is NOT MY DAY!!!

This is the second time I’m writing this

I own a nonprofit that rebuilds computers for children. Our email is vital to us!!!

I was recently (yesterday) moving our email domain to another hosting company and changing pop/smtp settings

After do so, I can no logger access my email settings in Outlook 2003

I’m running XP Pro

Here’s what I can’t do and what happens…or shall I say DOESN’T HAPPEN!

Can’t create a new email. ERROR: The messaging interface had returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook

Can’t access email accounts under tools. ERROR: The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persist, please reinstall

Also, when I click on send receive. NOTHING! When I click on import/export! NOTHING!

Any help world be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven

Thank you Microsoft!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Eactly what/how did you create the new account? Not being about to access Tools menu may mean a corrupt SRS file - open windows explorer and paste the following line in the address bar then press Enter.

%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Find and delete the SRS file for your profile. This holds send and receive settings and outlook will recreate it with its default settings.

If outlook still crashes, make a new profile - go to Control panel and search for Mail. I would add both the old and new accounts to the profile, because mail can continue to be delivered to the l one for about 48 hours - that's how long it can take DNS to propagate worldwide.