Outlook 2007 Autosave feature and Draft folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyivy

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
I searched but couldn't find an answer to this question.

Is there a way to recover an email item state that existed before the email was sent?

Situation: was working on an email (I am using exchange server by the way), and when I clicked on Send I got a message that Outlook was not connected to the exchange server, so I hit Save (thinking that I'll have my work saved in the Draft folder and I can send it later), at which point Oulook reconnected and sent the email, but when I looked at the email in the Sent Items folder, it was an older version of the email I had been working on (missing the edits I had made in the past several minutes immediately preceding the disconnect and reconnect of the exchange server).

So, is there a way to find a different autosave version of this email? I have Outlook set to Autosave every 3 minutes...

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
no, there is not a different copy of the message or a log showing edits. Its hard to say why the last edits were not saved in the draft. My best guess is that you are using exchange and the online copy was the old one and when you sent it, the old copy was used. This can happen when the final copy is sent within 3 min of the last save and can be caused by the time settings not being in sync and exchange thought the old copy was the newest.

crazyivy

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thank you, I figured it would be a long shot, but wanted to have some confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.