Outlook 2007 Messages Opening on their own (IMAP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacop

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the board and hoping someone here can help me with this strange problem. I am using Outlook 2007 IMAP mail. When messages arrive, they will appear in my Inbox as UnRead, which they should as I have not clicked on any of them. If I keep Outlook 2007 opened for a while, these same messages that still have not been opened or clicked on, will now appear as Opened and Read. I never opened the message or clicked on any of them. I do have this same account on my phone as IMAP but I never opened the email app on the phone either.

Could anyone shed some light on this problem for me? Is there a setting in Outlook 2007 that opens UnRead email after a certain amount of time? Or could this be a mail server issue?

Thanks so much in advanced.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Check your mark as read settings. Tools, options, other, reading pane. Do you have to set to automatically mark as read if viwed for a few seconds?

Are you syncing with a smartphone? Reading on a smartphone can also cause this behavior. Reading mail from another computer using pop3 may also mark mail as read.

dacop

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Thanks. I will check that setting. And yes I do sync on the phone but the email program is never opened, and the messages will be opened within a half hour. Even though I never opened them.

Status
Not open for further replies.