Using BCM2010 Business Projects as SharePoint 2007 Data Source

paulbockmann

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
We have a SBS2008 network and it comes with SharePoint 2007 v3, which drives our internal Companyweb pages. I would like to link BCM2010's Business Projects to our Companyweb's Tasks page. I have found that via SP Designer 2007 I can create a Data Source from the BCM2010 data, but I can not seem to find where or how the Business Projects are stored in BCM.

Is there a particular table to attach to? Or do I need to attach to multiple tables?

Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks

Paul

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I will preface this with "I have not looked at the BCM data files" so you know I'm just guessing here, but in my experience with other applications, they use multiple tables and you'll need a query.

The best way to find out is to open the BCM database in Sql Management console and look at the tables and the data in them to find the data you want to link. I don't know what you can see in Designer 2007 as I have not used it, but you might be able to see enough of the tables and field names in it to know which ones to use.

paulbockmann

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I will preface this with "I have not looked at the BCM data files" so you know I'm just guessing here, but in my experience with other applications, they use multiple tables and you'll need a query.

The best way to find out is to open the BCM database in Sql Management console and look at the tables and the data in them to find the data you want to link. I don't know what you can see in Designer 2007 as I have not used it, but you might be able to see enough of the tables and field names in it to know which ones to use.
Thanks Larry,

I am approaching it from that angle - I see I can use a SQL Select statement to get the records I am looking for. Now I have to figure out what the statement needs to be.

paulbockmann

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Does anyone have any sample SELECT statements that will get BCM2010 Business Project data that I can display and hopefully edit.

Thanks for any help.

Paul