Limiting meeting attendees using VBA or an add-in

Reyno75

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

I am aware that there is no functionality for Outlook to limit the number of 'accepted' attendees to a meeting request. Is there a way of doing this using VBA or by installing an add-in?

Regards,

Paul.

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have not heard of any addins that do this, but it should be possible using VBA. Except I don't have any VBA for that either. If someone else doesn't post the code, I'll try my hand at it. :)

Reyno75

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thank you for the replies so far. I'll probably give it a try as well although my knowledge of VBA is limited at best so I don't hold out much hope.

I'm just wondering whether another alternative would be to use a meeting room Sharepoint site template?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have not looked at sharepoint meeting room templates, but if it lets you limit the number of acceptances, it will work. There obviously is some way of doing it on the room side (not in Outlook) where rooms can be full. I don't recall this ability on the resource cmdlets for Exchange 2010 - but doing it in the room, rather than in the organizer's client, would be the best option.

I have code that will count the # of invitees and let you set a limit on the invite, but that is fairly basic code. Counting acceptances (in the organizers client) and not allowing more will be more difficult and not for the beginner programmer.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
As an FYI, Exchange 2010 (and 2007) lets the admin set a capacity for rooms/resources but I don't know if it rejects when more than that # accept - I'll have to create some test accounts to find out.

Reyno75

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
As an update, I am currently in discussion with our ICT strategy department to discuss whether we can implement additional templates to our Sharepoint site.

Thanks,

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm curious to know if it works in sharepoint - in my quick tests setting a room capacity in Exchange did not have an effect.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The room capacity is for informational purposes only, it wont reject acceptances when the quota is reached.