O2010: Search for email using folderpath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbuck

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I get a lot of use from search folders and searches for email with advanced find, etc.

I want to create a search folder to see only my important email from today. Of course we can just look for Today. But now to what's important...

I have folders Inbox\Lists and dozens of folders under this. I don't consider this tree as "important". My goal is to do a search like:

NOT folderpath:"Inbox\Lists" AND NOT folderpath:"\Inbox\Other Unimportant Path"

I can do a search from the explorer for "folderpath:Inbox" or even "folderpath:name" where "name" is the name of a single folder. But "folderpath" isn't really a path at all, it's just a folder name, just like the field "In Folder".

According to the rules, we can't do a partial search from here, but it will search for text beginning with whatever we provide.

"folderpath:name" returns folders named "name", "name x" and "name y"

"folderpath:Inbox\Lists" does not return any emails in folders under that tree.

So I'm trying unsuccessffully to do this from the explorer. But my real goal is to create a search folder. Unfortunately, we cannot use the field name "folderpath" in the Advanced Search or Query Builder.

Can anyone think of a way to accomplish this?

As a developer I'd be happy to create an Add-In that does this, but I'd still need to research which field I can search on so that I can create a proper filter.

Thanks!

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
When you create the search folder, untick the box to include subfolders and select the folders specifically. (Click the browse button beside the email account name).

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Unless I'm misreading what you want to do, you can do it within the Search folder options - as Larry mentions, uncheck the option to search subfolders and select just the folders you want to include.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.