Private Calendar events

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwhines

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server

forgive me if this is a duplicate question.

I have several people that share a calendar. I was asked the other day if a Private appointment could be shared between two individuals on the shared calendar?

Ex - Users A, B, C and D have publishing/author. The others have the viewer permission.

I am trying to find out if there is a way to place a "Private Calendar Event" on a shared calendar that only two people can view out of the 6-8 that have permissions to the calendar. The two people that want to share the Private appointment have publishing/author.

Thank you for you help!

Last edited by a moderator:

kwhines

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Delegate permissions can be set to allow others to see the private appt, but you can't set it per appt - ie, user1 and 2 can see appt1 that is marked private and user1 and 3 see event1 which is also marked private.
Thanks for the reply. It seems the option you gave me doesn't work or I am doing something wrong. When User1 and User2 are attempting to view the private appointment/event only the owner can see the contents. Does giving delegate permissions as well as calendar permissions conflict? User1 is owner of the calendar. User2 is a delegate with Author permissions and has calendar permissions with Author permissions.

Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Typically, the highest permission level wins but its possible direct permissions override delegate. Delegate permission is the only way to see private items though.

Status
Not open for further replies.