Outlook replacement options - contact journal activities lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay C

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Ah...so I have to go to contacts and find that contact specifically and then highlight the client (but not open it) and tene run the macro. Any way to get the macro to work from the contact info dialog box which is where I am used to obtaining a listing of historical emails?

Thanks for the help...at least I have something that works.
Kay

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Assuming you are opening a contact by double clicking on an email address in the address fields of a message, changing the Set ocontact line to
Set oContact = GetCurrentItem()

and using the getcurrentitem function at the end of this article, http://www.slipstick.com/developer/outlook-vba-work-with-open-item-or-select-item/, you can run it from the inbox.

Or you could grab the sender's address - that would only find mail from that address, not from the contact's 3 addresses.

andyzack

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Having recently upgraded to 2013, I have to say I'm astounded by how much they changed it for the worse. The Activities tab was crucial to my business and I can't see any reason to have removed it. Outlook is quickly becoming simply a mail/phone/calendar app rather than a full information management tool. I tried to install the macro but could not make it work. And I consider is a very sad state of affairs that they put us in that position while leaving fields for "mileage" in there. Like anyone tracks their mileage in Outlook!

Status
Not open for further replies.