Status
Not open for further replies.

impex

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Dear Friends,

our accounts dep has asked me to follwoup "invoice requests" which are sent from me after few days and also put a reminder for them on email to popup after 2 days.

for these requestsi used to send email to them before, but i couldn't find a way to setup the reminder on either sent email or received one. then i thought about sending a task request instead of email but again i couldn't setup autoreminder on it also the sent "task request" won't stay on my outlook as reminder.

we are NOT using exchange in our office and secondly im a beginer in outlook. all outlooks are 2010.

I wonder if you could let me know the best and easiest solution to:

1- be able to send my request to accounts

2- setup an automatic reminder on their outlook so for each request they get reminder after 2 days

3- automatic reminder on my outlook that for each request reminds me to follow the matter after say one day later.

just to confirm that i need them all to be setup automatically and once so i dont need to setup the task every time i send an request.

Many thanks,

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you needing these followups for yourself or for the people you sent the mail to? There are utilities that remind you to follow up - Sending and Retrieval Tools - Slipstick Systems

You can set a reminder on messages you send - although the recipient may remove the reminders using a rule.

I don't have any code sample that i recall, but you could set reminders (or create tasks) using vba code.

impex

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Diane,

Thank you very much for your kind reply . To be honest I have solved many of my problems with outlook by getting help from your suggestions and comments on internet.
To answer to your question, we both will need the reminder. I know that i can put a reminder for my emails and send a reminder with my email to the recipient but i have to do this for each and every email and receipiant has to accept and set it up for each one manually!

my actual question is if there is an alternative for this in outlook or there is a macro or code available out there to do so.

many thanks,

Forum Admin

You can use a macro - might be able ot use a custom form with the reminder set. You can't control what happens on the recipients side - the best you can do is send a message flagged for follow up and hope they aren't using a rule to delete the reminder.

impex

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
You can use a macro - might be able ot use a custom form with the reminder set. You can't control what happens on the recipients side - the best you can do is send a message flagged for follow up and hope they aren't using a rule to delete the reminder.
no, I have control and access to recipient's machine and can set it up. i wonder if i can put a macro in their end as well to setup a reminder?

are the codes available somewhere or it needs to be done?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
i have samples at slipstick.com but I'm stuck on an ipad and a netbook for most of the day, so i can't put the code together for a few hours - possibly until next week (going out of town for my daughters wedding). if you are just wanting to set up a reminder and there is unique subject, you can set you a rule on the other computer to flag for follow up in 2 days. That won't require code.

impex

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
i have samples at slipstick.com but I'm stuck on an ipad and a netbook for most of the day, so i can't put the code together for a few hours - possibly until next week (going out of town for my daughters wedding). if you are just wanting to set up a reminder and there is unique subject, you can set you a rule on the other computer to flag for follow up in 2 days. That won't require code.
congragulations! hope you have a good time.

Im not in rush. i will wait till you come back. meanwhile i will setup the client machine.

many thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.