Redemption VBA basics...something's missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmaycher

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Just started to use Redemption to get around the "security" warnings in Outlook 2003. However, no matter what I seem to try I continue to get the security pop up. I simplified the code to just a few lines to debug (the purpose of this part of the code is to add a room to an open appointment). If you acknowledge the security warning the code works fine so Redemption appears to be properly installed and registered.

Any thoughts are appreciated as the code seems consistent with all of the examples I've pulled from various sites and yet it doesn't work.

Dim objApp As Outlook.Application

Dim addr, sItem, oItem

Set sItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeAppointmentItem")

Set objApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Set oItem = objApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem

sItem.Item = oItem

Set addr = sItem.Item.Recipients.Add("Room, CGY Main Boardroom") ' triggers security warning in Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Edit subject - and change conversationTopic - using VBA and redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Redemption? Need rapid pull of Outlook Contacts, email + notes for VBA Using Outlook 1
J 64-bit version of Redemption? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Redemption access AppointmentItem Label from outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
E Redemption MAPI access(c#) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Redemption::RDOMail.PrintOut() / DoAction(maPrint) not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Use Redemption to get sender's email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M EMail1Address and EMail1AddressType strangeness using Redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Creating Redemption.MAPIUtils failed with Windows 7 x64 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D href tags does not result in the full url with Redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Redemption Foldes.Add doesn't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Redemption Foldes.Add doesn't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Redemption.RDOSession logon() stops emails sending-they stay in Ou Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Should I switch to redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
E Should I switch to redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
C Redemption - Rules for outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Error in Outlook Object Model with redemption and google apps prem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Redemption Send EMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
S redemption reference Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Configure mailbox OutofOffice with Redemption Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D redemption dll not registering in windows vista Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Y Redemption MessageItem SaveAs problem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Newbie Redemption ISafeMailItemPtr question Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Q GAL.ResolveName issue with REDEMPTION Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Q REDEMPTION HANGING during LOGON Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Redemption not working on OL2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Redemption Send EMail fails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S delete appointmentitem permanently using redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D redemption - foldercreate event + delegate user Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Assign To and CC list while using Redemption.dll library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
U Re: Read fields with Redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V redemption MAPIUtils Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Outlook VBA to send from Non-default Account & Data Files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H using VBA to edit subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Outlook 2019 VBA to List Meetings in Rooms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geoffnoakes Counting and/or listing fired reminders via VBA Using Outlook 1
O VBA - Regex - remove double line spacing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D.Moore Strange VBA error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D VBA - unable to set rule condition 'on this computer only' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2