Automatically change signature based on to / cc field (@customerdomain.com)

Luis

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi experts,

I work for a outsourcing company, providing services to a specific client. As per our services contract, we must include a specific disclaimer in all the emails we send, from our emails accounts (@ourcompanydomain.com) to the customer (@customerdomain.com). The only alternative that I know is to have 2 different signatures, and at the bottom of the second we have written the disclaimer, but that alternative relies only in the user to change or pick the email signature. We use outlook 2010 or 2007 in some older models

My question is: is it possible to automatically include in all the messages sent to customer (@customerdomain.com) the disclaimer, and /or change the signature? This configuration must be done on our outlook clients (e.g. desktops / laptops) as we are not exchange administrators.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Luis

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Change signature based on TO: / CC: fields (e.g. @customerdomain.com)

Hi experts,

I work for a outsourcing company, providing services to a specific client. As per our services contract, we must include a specific disclaimer in all the emails we send, from our emails accounts (@ourcompanydomain.com) to the customer (@customerdomain.com). The only alternative that I know is to have 2 different signatures, and at the bottom of the second we have written the disclaimer, but that alternative relies only in the user to change or pick the email signature. We use outlook 2010 or 2007 in some older models

My question is: is it possible to automatically include in all the messages sent to customer (@customerdomain.com) the disclaimer, and /or change the signature? This configuration must be done on our outlook clients (e.g. desktops / laptops) as we are not exchange administrators.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Forum Admin

Re: Change signature based on TO: / CC: fields (e.g. @customerdomain.com)

You can use 3rd party software or VBA on the user side. Software: Personal Signature Tools - Slipstick Systems - if you want to use a macro, you need to use an itemsend macro. A basic sample is here - Add attachments and set email fields during a mail merge to email - Slipstick Systems - you need to check for the domain in the to field and use item.htmlbody = item.htmlbody & vbcrlf & "disclaimer"

The exchange admin could also configure a transport rule to add a disclaimer to mail sent to that specific domain. Management should ask the admin to do this because it would be the best option.