Status
Not open for further replies.

IT_Rick

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

I have a user who, when he makes a New Meeting, is missing his Meeting tab. We use ShoreTel Conferencing and it was under this tab that we could find it. I am still able to make him a Quick Access shortcut for it, but that doesn't explain where the whole Meeting tab when to. Anyone have a suggestion?

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Do you have any of the tabs? If you see the tab names but not the tabs, double click on the tab name to show it.

IT_Rick

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
The only tabs that are listed in the New Meeting window are Insert and Format Text. Nothing regarding Meeting is being shown.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Go to File, options, customize ribbon - is the meeting tab unchecked?

If you use safe mode do you see the tab? To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.

IT_Rick

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

Sorry for the lack of response, I was away for the holidays. Hope you all had a good one!

Anyways, Diane, I believe those instructions are for Outlook 2010, not 2007. Is there an area in 2007 where someone would be able to toggle them off and on?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Sorry about that, I sometimes forget to think about versions. :(

Did you try safe mode? The other thought would be to reset the toolbars.

IT_Rick

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Actually yes. The tab came back after trying that. From there, I went ahead and disabled one add-in at a time and discovered the iCloud Add-in from Apple conflicts with the Meeting tab and possibly the ShoreTel Conferencing Add-in.

I appreciate the help!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I knew the iCloud addin converts meetings plain text but hadn't noticed the missing meeting tab. If you aren't syncing with iCloud, it's better to disable the iCloud addin, but if you are syncing, you'll need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.