reply to message using a custom template

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcastanheiro

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Hi I hope someone may be able to help me.

I am managing several petrochemical projects, and need to send, reply etc. several messages a day (sometimes something like 60 or more). I spend lots of time just to adhere to each project requirements in terms who needs to be on the TO: field, CC: filed etc. Additionally the body of the email changes in requirement for each project. For example for project X I must write in the beginning of every message the following:

Regarding: the subject of the message

In Reply to: if it is in reply to a message and if so write the message number

Reply Req’d : if a reply is required or not (YES/NO)

other projects have different requirements.

then the TO field needs to be addressed to a particular email address that never changes for that particular project, the same way the CC field is always the same. The subject changes but always starts with 2710-IN-XJCTC-E- followed by a numerical and sequential number plus the subject that matches what is in the first line of the message following the "Regarding".

So in order to save time I would like to have the option to upon receiving a message if I need to reply just click a button that would open a reply message with the address fields already fill in plus the partial subject field with "2710-IN-XJCTC-E-" and the first three lines of the body as indicated above, and includes the original message.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, it's possible using VBA...

Public Sub Replyproject1()

Dim oMail As Outlook.MailItem

Dim Item As Outlook.MailItem

Set Item = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection(1)

Set oMail = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection(1).Reply

With oMail
.Body = "Regarding: the subject of the message" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _

"In Reply to: " & Item.Subject & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _

"Reply Req’d : if a reply is required or not (YES/NO)" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & oMail.Body
.CC = "address"
.BCC = "address"
.Subject = "2710-IN-XJCTC-E- " & Item.Subject
.Display

End With

End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.