Outllok adds unwanted period in my e-mail address

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJGT

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
When I'm composing an e-mail, if I type in my email address in the body of the e-mail, which is my first and last name (for example johndoe@comcast.net), Outlook 2010 automatically adds a period between my first and last name (for example, john.doe@comcast.net) . I can't get this to stop, and if I'm not paying close attention every time, the wrong email goes out. Is this just another example of Microsoft thinking it knows best? Does anyone know how to turn this function off?

I'm guessing it's either autocorrect or autotext doing it.

Look for an entry in the Quick parts:

autocorrect.png

And check in file, options, mail, spelling and autocorrect, autocorrect tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Outllok 2007 License Expired issue Using Outlook 0
C Connect VBA(outllok) with JavaScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outllok on multiple devices Using Outlook 3
C Outllok 2010 (14.0.7015.1000 (32bit) converts html mail to rich text when move Using Outlook 1
B Outllok 2013 - Automatically deleted emails Using Outlook 5
S Outllok 2007 VBA code to send mail automatically from drafts folder Using Outlook 1
L Sending data from Outllok to Acces Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Outlook adds space to rows in HTML email signatures viewed on mobile Using Outlook 1
G Autocomplete adds suspicious "@unknown.email" to selected contacts Using Outlook 1
M Outlook adds strange characters inserted into the Subject Line Using Outlook 2
T Messages no longer move to quote folder on shared mailbox after user adds -D to folder name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How do I make a macro that automatically adds attachments. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N A code that adds category to an outgoing mail message in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
T Outlook creating unwanted tasks in Tasks and Todo from emails Using Outlook 1
P how to remove unwanted PST file default categories assigned to many calendar entries Using Outlook 7
T Outlook creating a folder named: "Unwanted" Using Outlook 3
J Unwanted US Holiday Contact folder in Outlook.com syncs to MAPI/Phone Address book Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
Wolfkc Unwanted Category "Starred in Android" Using Outlook 6
J Outlook creating unwanted rule on its own Using Outlook 1
H Cannot remove unwanted fields from form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
R Spurious unwanted printing Using Outlook 1
B BCM Send Unwanted Reminders BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1