Stopping "do you want to continue running scripts on this page" warnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_H

I love the shortcuts area in Outlook and use it to create some links to some commonly used web pages. Unfortunately when I click on such links in the Outlook shortcut area I am often greeted by the warning "do you want to continue running scripts on this page". I then have to click though a few of those before the message stops appearing. Of course the moment I navigate away or close and reopen Outlook and select the link the message pops up again.

Is there a registry or internet explorer setting I can change to stop this message from popping up?

Thanks

Edit: should have googled first, looks like I can turn it off here: ERROR MESSAGE :do you want to continue running scripts on this page yes/no - CNET Windows XP Forums

Well, over a year later and these nasty messages have popped up again and now I can't get rid of them. I've disabled script debugging in IE and also unchecked "Display a notification about every script error". In spite of that every freaking time I open my Planet Software Year View calendar I get a script warning. To make matters worse the Year View always opens in an undersized view, which used to be easily fixed by zooming. But now every time I zoom, the script error message pops up. So I have to zoom and then dismiss the error message like 10 times.

The script error message started popping up the minute I installed Outlook 2013. Never happened with Outlook 2010.

Any suggestions?

oh, and check the programmatic access page too. Is the Antivirus valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Stopping Outlook from restarting Using Outlook 1
A Stopping the required attendee invites Using Outlook 1
icacream Stopping Outlook to resize photos... Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 Rules randomly stopping working (non-Exchange Server) Using Outlook 6
P Stopping that security warning Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Running Scripts in Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 0
L Modifying VBA script to delay running macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A VBscript stops running after updating form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N contact notepad 'style' getting changed after clicking and running Activities Using Outlook 2
Bri the Tech Guy Run Script rule not running for newly arriving messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 25
S Problem running Command button code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Automation error running VB macro code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
Diane Poremsky OUTLOOK.EXE continues running after you exit Outlook Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Running Outlook Macros on a Schedule Using Outlook 0
B ActiveExplorer return NULL on new Window user login and running Outlook first time Using Outlook 1
JorgeDario Template oft that contains VBScript Is not running Using Outlook 1
M Mark Complete keyboard shortcut... on a mac running Windows Bootcamp Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2007 To-Do-List status keeps running Using Outlook 2
S The attempted operation failed ... 2nd time running code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G email returns after running macro to move emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Outlook Macro keeps running for the same messagage Using Outlook 2
N Running multiple macros upon sending Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Accessing BCM with Excel / Running Reports BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Error when running scanpst.exe Using Outlook 1
V Running scripts with Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 17
M Running macros in tasks sent out as meeting requests in invitees machine Using Outlook 4
N Rules stop running automatically Using Outlook 10
D VBA code running on Server? Shared mailbox email routing Using Outlook 3
T WAB editing: To help prevent malicious code from running.......... Using Outlook 18
M Outlook.exe 1.2Gb memory usage if running certain BCM reports BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
M Why rules stop running automatically? Using Outlook 1
V Trouble Running Outlook 2007 and 2010 Using Outlook 4
S CSCANPST To Automate Running SCANPST.EXE Using Outlook 1
L remove a hotmail account from Outlook 2007 running on Vista home premium Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 Running on Windows 7 hangs on send Using Outlook 7
A running code after the new inspector is visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Running Outlook as Scheduled task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S ActiveExplorer return NULL on new Window user login and running Outlook first time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 19
E Word macro running from OL VBA throwing error on Word SaveAs?? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
A Running Code in Side by side calendar view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Re:Running a Macro when email arrives Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Running a Program from Custom Action Rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Scheduled Task Fails running Code to send Outlook Mail from Excel. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
B Phantom VBA Running Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G To Prevent Malicious Code from running, one or more objects in thi BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M If loop not running Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Troubleshooting rule/script not running Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P How to use a form from a rule running on the inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S To help prevent malicious code from running, one or more objects in this form were not loaded. For m Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Running the Database from a Server BCM (Business Contact Manager) 7