Two accounts, Junk email filter only works on one account, office 2010, pop3

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2ofun

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have seen others post about this issue, but in my case, the accounts are all pop3. I have just changed the order of the accounts to see if this makes any difference.

The account that says send by default works find with junk email. The other just gets tons of it. Both accounts have the junk email set the same at low.

Any suggestions?

Re: Two accounts, Junk email filter only works on one account, office 2010, po

Are they both POP3?

Are you trusting the address the mail is sent to? if the address is in the Safe list or in in the Contacts and you trust contacts, you could be trusting the spam.

(Because you mention that "both" accounts are set to low, I'm assuming that you are aware each account has unique junk settings. )

Yep, both accounts are pop3. Yes, I know each can have different junk email settings but have elected to have them both the same, which I believe is set at the default anyways.

My account, which was the first one setup, works great, gets most of the junk. But my wifes account just gets tons of junk in her in box and no matter how many times she flags stuff as junk, and

seems to have these put into her black list, but her in box everyday has tons. She just commented on this again to me last night.

I am not sure what your question means on trusting the address the mail is sent to. Can you help me out more.

Thanks

Dave

This is the junk mail dialog.

Step 1: Confirm the correct email address is in the title bar. If not, select a folder in the account or an email message downloaded by the account then open the junk dialog.

Step 2: Confirm the junk setting. I think low is default. Try High.

Step 3: Is her address on the safe list? I'd actually probably remove your address from this lisy, if its on the same domain.

Step 4: Are you trusting contacts? If so, a contact for your address means if spammers fake the from address, it will be trusted.

Step 5: Check the Safe list for her address. If you are on the same domain, you may not want your address on this list either.

junk-dialog.png

This is the junk mail dialog.

Step 1: Confirm the correct email address is in the title bar. If not, select a folder in the account or an email message downloaded by the account then open the junk dialog.

Yes, her address is correct on the title bar.

Step 2: Confirm the junk setting. I think low is default. Try High.

I changed to High.

Step 3: Is her address on the safe list? I'd actually probably remove your address from this lisy, if its on the same domain.

I assume this is the safe senders list. If so, I added hers. Mine was not on it.

Step 4: Are you trusting contacts? If so, a contact for your address means if spammers fake the from address, it will be trusted.

It was, so I unchecked it.

Step 5: Check the Safe list for her address. If you are on the same domain, you may not want your address on this list either.

Since I only see a safe senders or safe recipients, which one? I did safe senders as in your step 3. Safe recipients is empty.

Thanks again

View attachment 468

Man this issues sure is so far not an easy one to figure out.

For now, I would remove both of your addresses from the safe senders and recipients lists and see if it helps. You'll need to check the junk folder to see if its catching good mail - then add those names to the safe lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Outlook 2010 Sub accounts not showing new emails in Inbox Using Outlook 4
Retired Geek Outlook for the MAC with Yahoo accounts now very broken Using Outlook 9
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
T Outlook 365 2 Microsoft Accounts? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Removing old emails when adding accounts Using Outlook 3
P Importing other e-mail accounts into Outlook Using Outlook 1
C Profiles and accounts and PSTs and OSTs Using Outlook 1
O Remove duplicates within two accounts Using Outlook 2
M Issue transferring Outlook 2016 email accounts & settings onto new computer Using Outlook 8
E Work uses live accounts for emails for all employees. Can we use the outlook calendar to give the employees an universal work schedule calendar? Using Outlook 1
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
T why are the calendar icons different for different accounts Using Outlook 2
Martull Forced signature when multiple accounts exist Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
A Microsoft Personal vs Work Accounts in Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
RBLampert Invisible e-mails in Gmail accounts Using Outlook 0
O How to apply view settings on all accounts and folders Using Outlook 7
R Deleting Synchronisation of Old Accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
DoctorJellybean Import accounts\files Using Outlook 1
CWM030 Connected accounts mail moved to trash? Exchange Server Administration 16
F Sharepoint tasks from multiple accounts in To-Do List Using Outlook 8
D Edit Subject (Multiple Accounts) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Duplicate Primary Mail Accounts outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
M cannot change delivery folders with IMAP accounts Using Outlook 0
B Deleting multiple accounts Using Outlook 1
L How to use different fonts for outgoing messages for different email accounts Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Correct Method to set up Outlook.com accounts as Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
M Multiple workstations and multiple accounts - keep in sync? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Fozzie Bear Office 365 Home Premium with Exchange Online email accounts Using Outlook 3
M Following a refresh of computer (win8.0) conflicting oulook accounts Using Outlook 2
J Accessing Hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
R Using Multiple Accounts in Outlook Using Outlook 3
S Move email accounts to new laptop Using Outlook 1
D Multiple Accounts Issue Receiving Emails in 2016 Using Outlook 0
T Cannot access outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Rename Email Accounts and Data Files in the Folder List Using Outlook 0
M 10 Imap gmail accounts into OL2016-32b want 1 calendar Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Can't import CSV or move Outlook items into EAS Accounts Using Outlook 0
Tim King Outlook 365 unable to change accounts Using Outlook 0