Deleting folders or feeds when deleting from default RSS Feeds structure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
As I deliver all of my RSS feeds to another PST file, I was wondering about the folder structure created under the default RSS Feeds folder. If I try to delete any of the subfolders there, I can be asked either of these questions:

-Are you sure you want to remove the folder ...?

-Do you want to remove the ... RSS feed from Outlook?

-Do you want to remove the following RSS feeds from Outlook ... ?

So despite (I double-checked) the feeds are delivered elsewhere, removing some of these subfolders may result in their feeds' removal? I thought the default RSS Feeds location should be empty if the feeds are delivered to another folder/PST. (At least that's how it is on my "usual" computer, but with this temporary setting, it all seems a mess now.)

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Were the feeds delivered to the folders at first, then moved?

The first warning just removes the folder, the other two indicate a feed is associated with the folder. You should only see the first one if they are delivered elsewhere.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Were the feeds delivered to the folders at first, then moved?

The first warning just removes the folder, the other two indicate a feed is associated with the folder. You should only see the first one if they are delivered elsewhere.

They were always supposed to be delivered to the other folders. But on this "temporary computer" I did an OPML import at first, which set them all to the default location. I tried the Change Folder option for separate feeds, but for some reason it keeps reverting back to the default location for some feeds (roughly half of them accepted the new, non-default location). Seems pretty weird.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
No, they go to just one folder, no double delivery (if not counting some spontaneous "reset" of what's been delivered and what not, as described in another post, resulting in old items being re-downloaded).

Yup, I moved the PST files. And soon after that, I probably made one crucial mistake: Having noticed that there were quite a few feeds there that I didn't follow anymore (the computer had been used before, leftovers...), I deleted all of them from Account Settings and imported the latest "snapshot" from the OPML file. Maybe that was the trigger for all the weirdness.

Forum Admin

Not sure that was a crucial mistake... but it clearly isn't working as expected. I have no ideas why its not working though.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Well, I'm supposed to get my "real" computer back from the repair this week; I'll see what happens there. BTW, will (after copying PST files back to it) there be RSS feeds from its last run, or the same RSS feeds I currently have on this computer now (i.e. I removed some, I added one...)?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The RSS feeds should be the ones in your profile on the 'real' computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.