"open" command in right click context menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterUK

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
In Outlook2003, the right click context menu had the "open" command at the top of the list; i.e. when you have a summary list of emails, you could right click on one of them and select "open" as an option. Now in 2010, the open command has gone and we have "copy, quick print, reply, reply all, forward....etc. down to delete, at the bottom of the list. Is there any way we can have the "open" command back at the top of the list? many thanks and best regards (happy new year too)

PeterUK

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
There are several items out there which talk about adding customised entries to the bottom of the list, but there is a degree of complexity in what they suggest. thanks for your response.

PeterUK

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
In some respects double click is the same as open, if you want to open an individual email. However my client wants to view an email in the preview pane and what he is doing is opening other emails separately so he can compare contents etc. If you double click them to open, they replace the one in the preview pane; if on 2003 you right click and open them, the new email opens separately. You are right in that customisation is not apparent for this menu; lets see if there is another approach. If I crack it, I'll report back, but would value anyone's opinion in the mean time.

Forum Admin

Yeah, in a situation like that, it won't work.

The only way to customize the context menu (or ribbon, beyond what is offered) is using a com addin - the ribbon in Outlook in 2007 and up can only be worked with using a COM addin. That puts it out of the realm of most people and why I say it can't be done - for the average user, it's not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.