Outlook 2007 Contact Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Under Outlook 2007 when I see the list of contacts in any folder, under the full name field, underneath the name, are words in the note field of the contact.

Is there a way to not show the note field words in underneath the full name of the contact in the listing of the fields of the folder?

Thanks much.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Which view are you using? You can remove the notes field from the Card view or turn off the 3-line preview if using a list view.

While viewing contacts, go to the View menu and find the Define view command. Edit the views from there, choose the view by name, not <current view> - this will allow the change to apply to all folders using that view so you don't need to change the views one folder at a time.

To remove the field from the view, Modify > Fields. To turn off the 3 line preview, it's Modify > Other settings.

LMS

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
thanks...i went to View, Define Views, and do not see where it shows view by name...where do i find that?

thanks

LMS

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Just found out that that note field shows up no as a field in a column, but a full line below the contact itself....

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This is a list view (ie, like phone list) or a Card view?

Status
Not open for further replies.