Outlook 2007 Contact Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Under Outlook 2007 when I see the list of contacts in any folder, under the full name field, underneath the name, are words in the note field of the contact.

Is there a way to not show the note field words in underneath the full name of the contact in the listing of the fields of the folder?

Thanks much.

Which view are you using? You can remove the notes field from the Card view or turn off the 3-line preview if using a list view.

While viewing contacts, go to the View menu and find the Define view command. Edit the views from there, choose the view by name, not <current view> - this will allow the change to apply to all folders using that view so you don't need to change the views one folder at a time.

To remove the field from the view, Modify > Fields. To turn off the 3 line preview, it's Modify > Other settings.

thanks...i went to View, Define Views, and do not see where it shows view by name...where do i find that?

thanks

Just found out that that note field shows up no as a field in a column, but a full line below the contact itself....

This is a list view (ie, like phone list) or a Card view?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Outlook 2007 Macro to Contact From a Field Using Outlook 3
C in outlook 2007-Contact Group-One name have 3 mail id-its possible? Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 2007 Contact Form Code Not Working Using Outlook 20
Z Outlook 2007, clicking email addresses fails to open Contact Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2007 Macro Save Contact Using Outlook 10
L Outlook 2007 Open Folder From a Contact Using Outlook 22
L Outlook 2007 Contact Form Webpage Using Outlook 23
L Outlook 2007 Macro Open Contact Folder Using Outlook 7
Z outlook 2007 - opening a contact from the search results doesn't use the custom form Using Outlook 10
L Outlook 2007 Contact in a Task Using Outlook 15
L Outlook 2007 Macro to Run a Script From a Contact Form Using Outlook 41
L Outlook 2007 Macro to Add Text to a Contact Field Using Outlook 10
L Outlook 2007 Contact Form - Note Fields Using Outlook 25
M suddenly cannot set outlook 2007 contact reminders Using Outlook 2
R Ingest contact PST from exchange 2007 thru client's Outlook via PRF Exchange Server Administration 2
L Opening up Contact from an Email - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 15
C Outlook 2007 Contact Card opens in margin of screen where I can't see it Using Outlook 3
E Double clicking on from email address does no longer open corresponding contact in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 7
S Upgrade Outlook 2007 to outlook with Buisiness Contact m|Manger BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R Outlook 2007 w/ Business Contact Manager compatible w/ Cardscan? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Business contact manager 2003 on outlook 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J how to add Business Contact Manager to existing Outlook 2007? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M How do I install Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager on Win7x64 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M 2007 Outlook - no Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 7
P Setup failed to install Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C Business Contact Manager and Outlook 2007 "not enough free memory BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
L outlook 2007 attach multiple journals to same contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Accessing contact's custom properties in a Outlook 2007 form region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2007 Recovering E-Mails Using Outlook 0
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2007 Removing then adding account restores junk email processing Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2007 crash linked to gdiplus.dll Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2007 - Automatic purge fail Using Outlook 0
J outlook 2007 doesn't let me choose which .pst to search Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 vs. Outlook 2010 -- ToDo Bar Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2007 on 365 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
S Macro for other actions - Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 23
S Verwendung von Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
A Arthur needs help with 2007 Outlook e-mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
S outlook 2007 calendar search Using Outlook 6
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 only loads some appointments Using Outlook 0
C Move Outlook 2007 to new PC with Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
B Server errors Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Reboot of frozen windows7 results in changed outlook 2007 settings Using Outlook 1