Trouble importing data to radio buttons Business Contact Manager 2010 (BCM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexbreeze

Best answers
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

I'm trying to import contacts from Excel into BCM 2010 - including to custom fields I've created that are yes/no radio buttons.

Could someone please tell me if it's possible to import this data and automatically activate the radio button if the field in Excel is 'yes'?

Similar question applies to automatically importing and activating the 'Primary contact' field.

I've tried various ways without success. If I view the data as a list and add the relevant columns, I can see the 'No' fields - but no 'yes' fields import.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your help!

Diane Poremsky

Best answers
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Re: Trouble importing data to radio buttons Business Contact Manager 2010 (BCM

i don't have BCM installed to check (waiting for BCM 2013) but you can only import what you can map, and that usually doesn't include custom fields. Not sure if ContactGenie - Microsoft Outlook Contact Import/Export tools might work.

Durdane

Best answers
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Re: Trouble importing data to radio buttons Business Contact Manager 2010 (BCM

I had the same problem and looked over the internet. Beside the fact I couln't find any info on fieldtypes in BCM, I could not find information on this topic as well.

I started to improvise with importing small excel files into BCM, and after many hours I found the solution.

Just use the booleans "TRUE" or "FALSE" (without the colons) in a text field in excel. So don't mess around with functions or whatever... It will convert in a checked or not checked box!

Happy me! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.