Help required for multiple identities when switching from POP to IMAP

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Sorry, troubled, I accidently deleted your post - I didn't notice it mixed in with the spam until just as i clicked the delete all button. :(

I currently use Outlook 2003 and have pop3 email via Orange.fr (orange/wanadoo france). I use the email for personal use as well as business and therefore I run several different email addresses some with different domain names (e.g. info@book.comenquiries@paper.com ) and some with different labels with the same domain name (i.e, contact@humpty.com, info@humpty.com ) . I have all the domain emails pointed towards the orange.fr server which I then download via POP3 to outlook 2003 on my pc and they all appear in my Inbox Once received I do not separate by domain/identity I just file under various sub folders. I also have these addresses set up as separate accounts so when I send an email I can choose which identity (address) I wish to show on the email. My question is I want to switch to IMAP but still keep this set up with the ability to send using separate identities – I am sure this must be possible but I can’t find information/link relating specifically to this. Any help appreciated.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
So only 1 account downloads mail?

As long as your account supports IMAP, you just need to set up an imap account in Outlook and remove the master POP3 account. It will work the same way, although rules might give you some trouble, they are funky with IMAP accounts and don't always work well since the full message needs downloaded for the rule to run.