Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector Error: The text exceeds the limit of 1024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddeness

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
I have been using Outlook 2010 and hotmail connector for a couple of years now. I have not had any problems. But, in the last few days I started getting a pop-up when I open outlook and then, again, throughout my session saying:

[h=2]The text exceeds the limit of 1024 characters. Type a shorter amount of text or click ok to have a local copy different to the one on the server."[/h]I click OK and it pops up twice more then, finally goes away. A little while later, it happens again 3 times. I haven't done anything differently. I have not imported or exported contacts or emails. I have no clue why this started, but, it is EXTREMELY annoying and disruptive.

Does anyone have any ideas about making it go away!

Thanks in advance.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Re: Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector Error: The text exceeds the limit of 1

I have a macro you can use to check them, but it sounds like they are already in Hotmail and either you added more data to the body or there is an issue at Hotmail... I know using Outlook 2013 with Hotmail results in HTML source code in the notes field. It's possible the connector is seeing something similar and counting it towards the 1024 limit.

If you are moving contacts into Hotmail, the macro at Check Contacts before moving them to Hotmail Contacts folder - Slipstick Systems will check the field sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.