Lost archived emails

neillr

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
last week when I started my PC it came up "Configuring Desk top" even though my PC is 3 years old and been

running OK.

When it came on all my settings had returned to default and I had to set up my email accounts again etc

I eventually managed to restore my archived emails (3 years worth 1.5gb file ) and everything seemed

OK until I switched my PC back on again and the same thing happened again, I managed to resolve the

problem of it "Configuring desktop" when it was switched on but my Archived email file has disappeared

and can not find it anywhere. I have used "Recuva" software to try and find to no avail. Can anyone help

how I might be able to recover them as some of them are very imprtant , Yes I didnt have them backed !

I used to archive my mails once a month and remove them from my imap account

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
What was the cause of the configuring desktop message?

The archive file was either in your user account or in the %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook if using Windows 7. If the fix involved a new user account, the archive file is in the old user account file path.

neillr

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Hi I have looked in the usual paths ,cannot find ,done searchs etc (I am using Vista)

could it have been renamed ?

Neillr

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
no, it probably wasn't renamed. If you used the default locations, it's in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook - that is a hidden file or folder - so go into windows Explorer options and set it to share all hidden files and folders.