Status
Not open for further replies.

Palace

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi There

I am looking to solve an issue where users want to be able to identify selected mesages they reuse as stationery items. A lot of the messages have the same subject so I created a cutom field in the folder and allowed in place editing but I get the message that the property is read-only. Same effect if I choose a yes/No type of field. How do you set the field to be writable?

Cheers

Peter

I finally got it to work with the yes/no and a text field- you need to enable in-cell editing but it wouldn't work until I turned off conversations (all are on the other settings dialog of customize view).

02.25.2013-20.01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 365 Custom forms field limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M copy field value to custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Update new custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Create a clickable custom column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Custom Form, copy user field data to message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
G Entered data in custom field goes in card and does not stay in list view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Copy Contact field to Appointment Custom Form Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Create a custom field for Outlook messages Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Create a Custom Numbering Field for Outlook messages Using Outlook 0
J Can Click to Drag Custom Form Field But Cannot Drop When Designing in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Clear custom date field after recurrence Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F copy data in Custom Field to other folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T What code to use to move the custom field values to message body when sending e-mail ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
V Using custom field data in mail body + mailto hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
L Quick step to fill custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Randy Redekopp Filtering a view based on a custom field Using Outlook 1
M moving custom field data between outlook and excel? Using Outlook 4
M Copy "To" Address Value from a Newly Created Email to the "To" Address Field of Custom Form Using Outlook 4
F Outlook 2010 - Need help with a custom field. Using Outlook 3
D Custom Form - Show field-filled doc a or b based on value of field x Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J How to create a user defined dropdown list field for a custom contact form Using Outlook 3
S Custom field not populating in Custom View or Mail Merge Exchange Server Administration 2
S User defined field not showing in Custom view Exchange Server Administration 0
C Tasks > Field Chooser > Fields with dropdown menu (eg. Status). How to custom? Using Outlook 6
H How can you add a URL field in a Outlook Custom Contact form? Using Outlook 6
C Custom Form that allows a single SMTP header to be parsed to Field Chooser? Using Outlook 4
B Field Chooser missing custom form fields Using Outlook 0
R Need code to gather value of custom field on addressentry.details dialog box Using Outlook 3
G Displaying value of task subject field as values from two custom fields Using Outlook 4
K Can't use links in Outlook custom form text field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
0 Add a date stamp to the note field of a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Making field editable in custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Make field searchable in custom form in outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Custom Yes/No column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Adding Custom Forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J PSA: How to create custom keyboard shortcut for "Paste Unformatted Text" in Outlook on Windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Does the .fdm contain my custom form? How to make ol use it? - ol2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J ol2021 custom form not displaying pics Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 37