alis119

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
hello

i have windows-7 32bits and install ms office 2007

not have exchange server its a pop account

windows server 2003 with isa server 2000 is running in the my network in the windows xp running outlook successful not working with windows 7 error is below

(Task 'alias@mapak.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you

entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Verify that you are

online and that the server name is correct.')

i have install windows too many time also change the CPU location and checked disable windows update and firewall but problem still same help me find out the solution

Alis119

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Triple check the spelling of the server name you entering into the account - the error says outlook can't find it. Is the mail server running on your network or the Internet?

If its a server on your network, it's probably DNS issues. If its on the internet, have you checked ISA logs for errors?

alis119

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Triple check the spelling of the server name you entering into the account - the error says outlook can't find it. Is the mail server running on your network or the Internet?

If its a server on your network, it's probably DNS issues. If its on the internet, have you checked ISA logs for errors?
i have windows server 2003 with isa server 2000 dont have any mail server

which kind of isa log can i check could you tell me any log name do u have in your mind yet..?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Just the general traffic logs - I don't have isa 2000 to check (I have the last version of isa and the interface is totally different).

alis119

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Just the general traffic logs - I don't have isa 2000 to check (I have the last version of isa and the interface is totally different).
i have check traffic logs and isa policy could not find solution yet. i can send you isa setup if you want to check give ur id or download form the website

Status
Not open for further replies.