Help needed - syncing outlook emails with iphone 4s

shallwani

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Hi,

I am a newbie and also new to this forum.

My company runs POP3 email system and after reviewing many forums, I believe it cannot have live syncing with my iphone.

I'd request if some expert can help me with the method to sync my emails on iphone (where I can have live access like I delete it on the phone and it gets deleted on the outlook as well and same with sent emails)

Please help.

Thanks.

Flynn Isaac

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
This pst file viewer supports iOS 6 and also iPhone 5 as well as 4. It has built in support for Dropbox and iTunes files. Given iPad's inability to receive standard USB drives, being able to load large files from a cloud drive is a huge plus and really the only practical way to proceed. GO TO http://www.pstviewerpro.com/2012/11/pst-viewer-ipad-ios.html for more info.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You can set the POP account up on the iPhone. It won't sync, but you will have your mail on the phone. Calendar, contacts and tasks can sync using the iCloud.

If the mail server supports IMAP, you would be able to sync mail - this would give you the read state, reply icons etc on both apple and outlook.

shallwani

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Thanks, this means I need an IMAP account to sync emails on outlook as well as iphone.

If I create a gmail account, mark a forwarder of my outlook pop3 emails to gmail account and also set up this gmail account on iphone as well - would this work?

Or is there some other free IMAP services available?

I'd appreciate if someone can help me setting up this.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you sure they don't support IMAP too? Many servers have both POP and IMAP enabled but discourage IMAP use.

You gmail plan will work but since this is a work account, I'd speak to the email admin and see if IMAP is enabled or could be enabled. Doing so can be a win for the company, even if it cost s a little more - employees can read mail on other devices easily, and users won't be moving company mail unto other servers to use with smartphones.