How to create a hyperlink to to an organizational form

Miveld

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi All

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I cannot seem to find a solution anywhere

I have an Outlook (2007) form that my IT department have created and stored in the Organizational forms library within outlook

There are several forms in this library, so to help my users I wanted to put a hyperlink/hot-spot in an email that would automatically open the form

Whilst searching online I have found the following instructions

Using Outlook Shortcuts

Outlook supports various command-line switches. You can use one of these switches to specify a custom message class to open a form. You can create a shortcut to Outlook by using this command-line

switch to open a form. You can do so even if Outlook is already running. For example, to open a custom mail message form called My Custom Form, use the following command-line switch:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Outlook.exe" /c "IPM.Note.My Custom Form"

This errors as "cannot find file"

If anyone can be of any help, it would be very much appreciated

Many Thanks

Al

Miveld

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Change Office10 to Office12 or whatever is the correct path for your users. 10 = Outlook 2002.
Thanks for the prompt reply diane, I have amended the Office10 to Office12 which is consitent with what io see in windows explorer, but still getting the attached error

Capture1.PNG

Many Thanks

Al

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Check your slash -

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Outlook.exe" /c "IPM.Note.My Custom Form"

Elizabeth A.

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Check your slash -

Hello Diane,
I am attempting the same thing and I am on Office 2010. I tried to paste the above code (with my form name replacing "My Custom Form" into the Address field of a regular hyperlink. The resulting error is "Cannot open the specified file."
Thanks in advance for any insight you may have!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Replace this path with the correct one for your version of outlook:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Outlook.exe

It's probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\Outlook.exe