Outlook 2010 Forms Help Needed "A field in this form requires a value."

joeman242320

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
At my organization we have a custom form we use in Outlook. The group that I work in uses the form quite often. This form had not been updated for years until I decided to give it a try. I have no experience in Outlook forms, I'm a basic Outlook user. I added the developer tab to my Outlook and was able to modify the existing form we had. However, after I was done with my changes I get an error when I try to send "A field in this form requires a value." I tried populating every field, even if it was not needed. I didn't add any new fields but I did delete some, which might be the problem. Is there anyone that can help me with this? How do I fix this and remove this error? Please help...

joeman242320

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
What fields did you delete? I'd open the original again and remove one field at a time and use Run Now to test the form.
I wish I could, they took the new form and copied over the old. All I have is the new form that does not work.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Ouch. No copies saved as a template somewhere? Maybe published to a folder in mailbox?

If you open old items that used that form, do they update to the new form? I'd try disconnecting from the network when opening old items - that will reduce the chance that it will get the new form. If the old fields are present, save the item as a template. This may not work on your computer, since you opened the new form, but if a coworker hasn't tried it yet, it might work.

joeman242320

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have forms that were sent to me and that I forwarded on. I opened up one of those, removed all of the information in the fields and tried to save it under a different name and it won't open. I'm starting to think I might have to create a new form from scratch, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

judgeh59

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hey Joe,

did you get your form fixed?

Ernest