Outlook Macros for Appointments and Tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhosyn18

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
So here's the situation. I create appointments for other people to go on. I create the appointment in a shared calendar and invite them to the appointment. I need outlook to set a task automatically (in their tasks) for 2 days after the appointment is scheduled to remind them to follow up. Is there a way to do this? I was thinking maybe a macro but I have little to no experience with VBA. Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated! I'm using Outlook 07 btw on an exchange server.

Thanks!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Macro can do it - I have a macro that creates a message when an appointment is added to a calendar, but the macro runs on the calendar owners machine. If you have write permission on their tasks, you could use a macro on your machine to create the task, but the macro needs tweaked to work with different calendars.

This macro would be tweaked to create a task instead, but it needs to run on everyone's machine:

Send an email when you add an appointment to your calendar - Slipstick Systems

it could also be changed to determine the active folder and use the correct tasks folder but I don't have the code handy to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.