Outlook 2007 - How to set the "send from diff email" as default?

BigD

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
My client uses Gmail as his main email client. I moved him from the web based gmail to using Gmail within Outlook via IMAP. He can now send/receive gmail within Outlook BUT I noticed within gmail he was set to always send from a different email he owns of john@johndoe.com. I did a test by manually typing in the send FROM field:john@johndoe.com and it worked (received it in his user@gmail.com). My question is:

Within Outlook, how can I set the "send FROM" address as the default email to send from each time?

I know it will be tedious for him to keep manually typing in his john@johndoe.com in the send FROM field for each email he sends. BTW, this is not a "real" email account, it's just a dummy account that was setup on his personal domain to forward all msg's to his gmail for. (if that makes sense)

Thanks!

Dan

BigD

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Tools, Account Settings, double click on the account - set the From field to be the desired address. Click More Settings- use the desired reply to address.
Thanks for the reply. That is what I'm after BUT I don't see any "from" field in that location. When I double-click on the account, it just gives me server setting options and user/pwd options. I click on More Settings and see the reply to address BUT no place where to type in my desired "from" address.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
That should work with gmail, unless they are now forcing all mail to use the gmail address when sent using a client.