RSS feeds don't get any messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Freedman

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Using Outlook 2013 (32-bit) on Windows 7 (64-bit) on my desktop, I can add RSS feeds to Outlook, and they appear to be created properly. But no matter how long I wait (weeks...), no items are ever delivered to any of the feeds.

Using the same Outlook 2013 on Windows 8 (64-bit) on my laptop, the same RSS feeds work just fine.

As far as I can tell, the settings in both instances are the same, and both computers are connected to the same router and the same ISP account (as long as the laptop is at home).

If it makes any difference, both Office installations are local from the same MSI file, with separate licenses; this is not Office 365 and streaming is not involved.

I'll appreciate any suggestions about where to look or what steps to take to get the desktop's RSS to work.

I know there are a number of complaints, but most people don't mention the versions of windows, so i'm not sure if its win7/64 with outlook/32 or something else.

Are you using shared feeds? Try changing that setting - it's in File, options, advanced.

Are you using shared feeds? Try changing that setting - it's in File, options, advanced.

I see two options under RSS Feeds there -- "Any RSS Feed item that is updated appears as new" (it's unchecked but I don't think it has anything to do with this) and "Synchronize RSS Feeds to the Common Feed List (CFL) in Windows" which was checked. I unchecked it and restarted Outlook, but there are still no items in the feeds.

Try removing and reading the feeds.

OK, I deleted and re-added the feeds (again) and added others. Still no joy. I think I'll just live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Receiving duplicate messages from RSS feeds Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky How to Change the Font used for Outlook's RSS Feeds Using Outlook 0
N Going Forward: Using Outlook 2016 for RSS Feeds Using Outlook 2
Horsepower Duplicate RSS feeds Using Outlook 5
Commodore Deleting folders or feeds when deleting from default RSS Feeds structure? Using Outlook 7
Commodore Why some RSS feeds stop getting updates? Using Outlook 12
Commodore Outlook 2007 not closing network connections with RSS feeds Using Outlook 1
billzant RSS feeds and google Using Outlook 2
T Permanent Removal of RSS feeds folder amd Search folder in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 10
Commodore RSS feeds from sites that require login Using Outlook 5
B How to add RSS feeds for Microsoft Newsgroups Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Creating an RSS Feed **FROM** Outlook 2013 Calendar. Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky How to Remove RSS Support from Outlook Using Outlook 0
norbertlars Outlook 2016 - rss Using Outlook 3
O How to delete duplicate RSS messages? Using Outlook 6
E RSS export as OPML problem Using Outlook 4
Flavia Lovell Can Not Subscribing the RSS Feed of Elance Jobs Using Outlook 3
Commodore Repeated RSS items downloads Using Outlook 1
V Exporting RSS Feed to OPML file Using Outlook 8
Jennifer Murphy Sync RSS feed message after Safe Mode Using Outlook 3
Commodore Importing RSS on another computer (and feed locations) Using Outlook 8
F Outlook Re-Downloading RSS Feed Posts Days Later Using Outlook 3
IGWright Outlook 2010 RSS Feed Folder Issue Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
A RSS feed inbox "new item event"? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D MailItem from an RSS feed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Carriage Return - Line Feeds - exporting Calendar events Using Outlook 0
evdbogaard How to prevent extra line feeds in replies Using Outlook 3
CWM550 Saving Data: Don't check certain folders Using Outlook 2
climberman people don't understand what I'm asking Using Outlook 7
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
C All Gmails don't show in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Favorites don't update Using Outlook 1
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
N Outlook rules don't create a copy for bcc'ed emails Using Outlook 3
C Don't forward duplicate Using Outlook 0
E Don't want Inbox shown when login box is shown Using Outlook 1
Jennifer Murphy Equations don't comply with style setting to left justify Using Outlook 0
E you don't have permission to perform this action exchange 2016 Exchange Server Administration 0
B Outlook 2016: Can't delete default calendar but I don't use it Using Outlook 7
B IMAP folders don't update when Outlook 365 opens Using Outlook 0
O Don't need any add-ins at all? Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Don’t be fooled by unexpected attachments! Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Pictures don't display in Outlook messages Using Outlook 4
wisedave Office 365 Outlook - Emails send but don't receive Using Outlook 12
D Mail accounts don't show up in navigation pane Using Outlook 1
C iCloud addresses don't show up in "Address Book" or "To:" Using Outlook 5
U Subdirectories in people don't show up in the address book Using Outlook 1
M some emails send from outbox, some don't Using Outlook 10
Lucas attachments in outlook don't open, when Icloud is connected Using Outlook 0