Status
Not open for further replies.

MC.Raymond

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello

I am having trouble importing email folders from Outlook 2007 on my old computer (Windows 7 64bit) to Outlook 2013 (Windows 365) on my new laptop (Windows 8 64). The folders and email messages in the folders arenot being imported. I created a backup.pst from Outlook 2007 imported this to Outlook 2013 but only the messages in the Inbox folder were transferred, none of the other folders & messages can be found in Outlook 2013.

Any ideas?

if you open the pst using File, Open, Outlook Data File, do you see all of the contents?

Hello Diane

Thank you very much for your speedy reply. I tried opening the file as you suggested and got the message "we didn't find anything to show here." Will try to create an export pst file again.

Any suggestions on what comes next?

Walter:confused:

Hello Diane

Thank you very much for your speedy reply. I tried opening the file as you suggested and got the message "we didn't find anything to show here." Will try to create an export pst file again.

I went through the whole process again, did something right this time because Outlook 2007 took nearly 30 minutes to generate the pst file that came out pretty hefty at 3.5 GB ! But Outlook 2013 was unable to read the file -- "we didn't find anything to show here" again!

Is there a problem of compatibility between Outlook 2007 & 2013 ?? I really need my backlog of emails, I refer to them all the time and surely do not need to have 2 computers on my desk!

Walter

No, there is not a compatibility issue. Try copying the pst that outlook 2007 is using, rather than import/export. Close Outlook 2007 and wait a few minutes, then copy. Open it in 2013.

Many thanks,

Only just noticed a new item on the left window and discovered that my archive file has infact been imported ... Everything is there and all is well.

Again, thank you for your patience and your help. I'll start a new thread for another problem I'm having.

Walter

Hello

I gave the name of Backup3 to the pst file I imported from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2013 on a new computer. Now the archive in Outlook 2013 is labeled "Backup3" ... Is there anyway to change that to "Archive" ... i.e. Can the name be changed & if so, how?

Walter

right click on Backup3 in your folder list and choose Data File Properties - then Advanced button to change the name.

Thank you, worked fine! All is well now re: transfer of email archive.

Hi Ms. Diane,

Please help me on this.

I want to migrate/transfer all my emails from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2013 (Office 365). The two versions of outlook are installed in the same laptop. :)

Please please help me.

Thanks,

Vincent

What is happening with Outlook '2013. Under normal circumstances, when '2013 is installed on the same system with an earlier version of Outlook, it will migrate the existing Outlook profiles. In short, it should open using the same default Outlook profile that was set for O'2007 using the same accounts etc so there should be nothing to "transfer/migrate|.

Noticed the missing emails how exactly? Messages within an existing folder or a complete mail folder missing completely?

What type (POP, Imap, Outlook.com <Mapi in '2007 and EAS in O'2013) of email account do these missing emails relate to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K New to BCM - trouble importing contacts & accounts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
A Trouble importing data to radio buttons Business Contact Manager 2010 (BCM) Using Outlook 2
M having trouble importing excel data into outlook contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N Trouble with server names Using Outlook 1
E Having some trouble with a run-a-script rule (moving mail based on file type) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G Trouble with Office 365/2016 Using Outlook 3
M Trouble using keyboard shortcut for color categories in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
M Trouble downloading Outlook on an Android phone Using Outlook 4
B Trouble Starting Outlook 2010 after Crash Using Outlook 3
U Trouble migrating Contacts (2002) to People (2013) Using Outlook 3
makinmyway Trouble Installing BCM Outlook 2013; Endless Install Loop Happens Using Outlook 0
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
S trouble with Outlook 2010 saving sent emails Using Outlook 2
B Trouble Locating Tools Menu since There's No Standard Toolbar in Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2007 - trouble with alphabetizing when titles are used (ie - Mr.) Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2010 stuck in Work Offline mode; trouble sending email Using Outlook 1
B Trouble Adding @Outlook.com Email Accounts Using Outlook 3
A emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange server 2010 major trouble Exchange Server Administration 6
K Trouble converting the ANSI PST to a Unicode PST Using Outlook 4
V Trouble Running Outlook 2007 and 2010 Using Outlook 4
U Trouble for sharing Calendar Using Outlook 3
S Trouble setting up Outlook Connector to sync with windows live Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
T Trouble with creating database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Trouble using SaveAs Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M trouble connection to remote database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
HarvMan Importing PST into IMAP account Using Outlook 12
CWM550 Importing " Old Skool" Data Using Outlook 0
P Importing other e-mail accounts into Outlook Using Outlook 1
M How to setup outlook after importing old account information - Entering email account info creates with "(1)" after the account! Using Outlook 1
J Importing N2K from a different Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Changing events in Outlook calendar via opening file, importing CSV Using Outlook 0
O Importing Mbox - anyone out there having experience with this tool... Using Outlook 2
D Importing Outlook Categories from another domain (Exchange 2016/Outlook 2016) Using Outlook 4
B Importing business card into Outlook for SIgnature Using Outlook 1
S Importing Ribbons Not Saved Using Outlook 7
V importing appointments to non-default calendar? Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Importing Lists from Excel to Outlook Using Outlook 0
B Importing Text from Excel to Outlook 2013 Calender Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Importing from Eudora Update Using Outlook 5
CWM550 Importing from Eudora Using Outlook 7
N Importing Google contacts from CSV file removes recipient names in autocomplete list Using Outlook 0
S Importing emails to contacts Using Outlook 3
Z Importing PST files from Outlook 07 to Outlook mac Preview Using Outlook 1
Z how to make OL (2007) to use custom contact form when importing / opening .VCF? Using Outlook 1
P Importing Thunderbird email to outlook Using Outlook 2
K Importing appointment body from excel in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
A Importing too many emails from Gmail Using Outlook 2
J Importing to the correct calendar from Excel 2010 to Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Possible to link to ics file without importing? Using Outlook 4
L Importing Opportunities in to BCM 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0