Status
Not open for further replies.

wallisellener

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello

I'm currently exploring the features related to marketing campaigns (MC).

My first questions would be the following:

- is it possible to integrate WebSites in new campaigns? if yes how? is there any tutorial/cookbook available?

- f.e. if a MC will be sent via Email to a list of contacts (list created using different criterias) will the contacts be able to see each other? or will the recipients be "isolated" and not visible?

- is it possible to create custom "friendly" mails f.e. Dear Mr. A or Dear Ms. B when sending an email to a list of contacts?

- any other options to create personalized emails and send them to a list of contacts simultaneously using BCM?

Thank you

W

What do you mean by integrating websites?

The campaigns are sent as mail merges, so no, the contacts won't see each others name on the message.

Yes, you can do that when you use mail merge.

You could use outlook's mail merge command but the messages won't be linked like they are when you use the marketing campaign.

I don't know if it will help, but there is an Outlook mail merge tutorial at how to use mail merge.

Many thanks for the answers.

We are always using a new website for a new campaign and there is a text embedded: "Hello Mr. A".

The idea would be to dynamically update the site/field with the info from BCM when sending the email.

As soon as my schedule allows I will check the mail merge tutorial and feedback.

What do you mean by integrating websites?

The campaigns are sent as mail merges, so no, the contacts won't see each others name on the message.

Yes, you can do that when you use mail merge.

You could use outlook's mail merge command but the messages won't be linked like they are when you use the marketing campaign.

I don't know if it will help, but there is an Outlook mail merge tutorial at how to use mail merge.

Hello Larry

Many thanks for the infos. The link you provided was exactly what I was looking for.

Now I would like to know if it's possible to perform the following:

- change the campaign sender; I know that for a simple email there is an option to send email using a different email address: f.e. my email is w@example.com and I would like to send the email as campaign@example.com

- gather statistics: how many contacts have received the campaign letter, how many have opened/deleted it

Cheers

W

You can't change the sender on mail merges. You can use a different profile with an account using that name as default. Copy your profile in Control panel, Mail and edit it to change the default account to use the desired address. You can make it a send only account if needed.

If BCM doesn't include statics options, you can insert web-bugs to track. Basically, insert an image that is stored on a web server than check the stats for the image. It's not the best method and works best if you have access to the web server logs. You might be able to use google analytics to track.

Yes it is possible to integrate website in new campaign. You can integrate it by using different tutorials and software that are available at internet. And you can do marketing campaign through Email. And you can also make custom friendly emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.