To Do bar showing incorrect due dates on tasks

NewHorizon1

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
My Outlook 2010 To Do Bar is showing task due dates incorrectly. For example, it (correctly) shows 2 items due on Monday, July 8, and then two more also due Monday, July 8, except the second two are set with due dates of Tuesday, July 9. The same thing happens for Thursday, July 11/Friday, July 12. All 5 tasks are showing due on July 11, even though 3 are set for July 12.
I've had this problem before but I can't remember what I did to correct it. Any suggestions? I closed/re-opened Outlook, but that did not solve the problem.

Thanks!

Kara

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Try using the /cleanviews switch. It sounds like the fields in the view are goofy.

In the Start menu, search field or Windows key+R to open the Run command, type

outlook.exe /cleanviews

and press enter. Note, there is a space between outlook.exe and the /.

For more info, see

reset-the-view-in-outlook/

NewHorizon1

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
That didn't do the trick, but I did find/solve the problem. Some of the tasks I'd created were in another data file. I have a native/desktop Outlook data file, and a second that syncs with my Zimbra mail server. Not sure why I have them both, or how those few tasks got in the outlook data file, but when I moved them to the Zimbra file, the date problem was corrected!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Is the server time zone the same as your computer's time zone? If the time of the tasks was adjusted after moving them to the server, it could be due to time zone issues.

NewHorizon1

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I honestly have no idea, Diane. I think the servers are in Central time and I'm Eastern, but having these tasks in the wrong data file seemed to be the culprit. I don't know how they ended up there, but it's fixed now! :)