Restore Outlook 2010 from iCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Bearcat

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Quick question. Hard drive died. Outlook contacts and calendars were backed up in iCloud. E-mail was not backed up in the cloud , but I recovered the .pst files (older and most recent one). Have re-installed Oulook.

What is the best approach for restoring without duplicating contacts and calendar data? Copy the .pst file to appropriate location and then what? I am looking to avoid a bunch of deletions because I have 2,000 contacts. Thanks.

Assuming you are planning on using iCloud in outlook: I would create a profile with the backup pst. If it has calendar and contacts already in iCloud, create a new pst and move those folders to the new pst and close it. Install iCloud and set it up.

Thank you for your help, Diane. The restored .pst file did not have the contacts and calendars so I just reinstalled the contacts and calendars from iCloud and things seem to be fine (loss of Outlook categories notwithstanding).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2003 .pst Will Not Restore Completely to Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 5
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
S How to restore corrupted PST file over 2GB in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
G pst file restore Outlook 2013 from HTC One M9 Using Outlook 1
Horsepower How to restore default view Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 8
E Birthdays & Holidays in ICloud, how to restore them to Outlook Using Outlook 2
J Outlook client not redrawing completely upon restore Using Outlook 0
R Restore Master Category List Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 7
M Outlook 2003: Restore location Using Outlook 1
E Disappointed in Outlook 2007, backup, restore, synch Using Outlook 5
E Outlook 2007 backup and restore function Using Outlook 2
P Restore an individual all-day recurring event Using Outlook 2
J How to restore field no longer visible in field chooser? Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Create a list of color categories and merge or restore the list using VBA Using Outlook 0
K After Carbonite restore pst files are found in a weird location Using Outlook 2
M Is it possible to restore deleted webmail to server? Using Outlook 3
B How to restore a Contacts Group back into the Contacts list Using Outlook 1
C Custom Search Folders deleted, /resetnavpane, can i restore? How? Exchange Server Administration 1
B Restore deleted contact distribution list Using Outlook 1
D Restore Delete Calendar Meeting Request Using Outlook 3
wallisellener BCM - restore default settings BCM (Business Contact Manager) 36
O BCM Dbase Issues (both not seeing dbase & not allowing restore for wrong owner BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
P How to restore my previous address book after an iPhone sync changed it Using Outlook 2
M My Contacts Folder has disappeared. How do I restore it? Using Outlook 2
E How to restore BCM Database after upgrade from Vista to Win7? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Can not restore database in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Business Contact Manager - MDF and LDF file restore in Windows 7 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S Restore a Meeting (accidentally deleted in my calendar) Using Outlook 3
F Possible to restore/reinstall "special" buttons on custom form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Backup and restore E2K7 with Server2K8 Exchange Server Administration 4
A how to access BCM database after system restore BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
S Restore Deleted Folders and Emails in .pst Using Outlook 6
V Re: How can I restore a deleted distribution list to my contacts? Using Outlook 5
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3