The RECOVER DELETED ITEMS is grayed out and i can't recover my messages

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
My outlook got hung so i restart it but when I checked my INBOX its empty. All my messages were gone and i don't know what happened. The RECOVER DELETED ITEMS button is grayed out and I tried to run the REGISTRY EDITOR but there's no OPTION selection...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Options ( this should be the correct command)

but on the choices under CLIENT i only have Custom Actions, Extensions and Mac File Types...OPTION is not on the list....

I am getting frustrated, i need to recover those emails because they are all business correspondence... Can anyone help me with this...

Thanks

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Recover deleted is Exchange server only.

With an imap account, the messages are stored on the server and synced down. It's possible that outlook created a new data file, by the messages should still sync down.

Go to File, Account Settings then Data File tab. Select the imap data file and click Open File location. How many data files are their that have the same name? How large is the newest one? (That would be the one listed in the Data Files tab.)