Simple Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Is there a simple macro for Outlook, that opens a folder from the Computer.....so as example, if the folders located at: C:\Users\Username\Documents\FolderName is there a macro the simply opens up that folder under my Documents folder? And if there is a shortcut to a folder or a document for the desktop....is there a way to use that shortcut in Outlook? And if there any code, I still need the full code, not just one line....thanks thanks thanks!!:D:D:D

Sure can.... need to use the shell command... and um, it's really is just one line. :)

Sub Openwindows()

Shell ("EXPLORER.EXE " & "C:\Users\Diane\Documents"), vbNormalFocus

End Sub

if you want 2 lines... there is a variation. I'm not really sure when you'd use this method though - the one liner should work for just about everything thing.

Sub Openwindows()

Dim o As Variant
o = Shell("EXPLORER.EXE C:\Users\Diane\Documents", vbNormalFocus)

End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Help with simple macro - looping though all emails in my inbox Using Outlook 3
B Simple way to insert file text - macro? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
GregS Simple calendar sharing doesn't work Using Outlook 6
F Simple code to look for a specific line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Ask about a simple script about save a incoming mail as file on local PC Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Simple contact and project manger like MissingLink for Outlook Using Outlook 1
B Is there a simple way to share email folders w/o exchange server? Using Outlook 0
C Need Help with Simple Code Correction Using Outlook 11
F I want simple syncing between my 3 PCs and Android devices. Using Outlook 1
H Too simple I would think but.. Using Outlook 1
T Location and simple copying of emails and settings, OL 2010 and Win 7 64bit. Using Outlook 3
R Simple Sharing of Outlook Profile Using Outlook 1
Rupert Dragwater Is there a genuine simple way to move Eudora address to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
R BCM with MS Office Accounting... Simple question BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P Simple Marketing Campaign Question BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
V simple move to personal folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Simple MAPI send and Outlook COM addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Use Macro to change account settings Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to Reply to Emails w/ Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Outlook - Macro to block senders domain - Macro Fix Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S macro error 4605 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Macro Mail Alert Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro GoTo user defined search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Outlook 2016 Creating an outlook Macro to select and approve Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to check Cursor & Focus position Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
V Macro to mark email with a Category Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Outlook 2019 Macro not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 365 Help me create a Macro to make some received emails into tasks? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Geldner Send / Receive a particular group via macro or single keypress Using Outlook 1
D Auto Remove [EXTERNAL] from subject - Issue with Macro Using Outlook 21
V Macro to count flagged messages? Using Outlook 2
sophievldn Looking for a macro that moves completed items from subfolders to other subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Outlook Macro for [Date][Subject] Using Outlook 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Macro to block senders domain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Line to move origEmail to subfolder within a reply macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to answer a mail with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Outlook 2016 Macro to Reply, ReplyAll, or Forward(but with composing new email) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to Insert a Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8