looking to bring in all my folders from Outlook Express (XP) to Outlook 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

outjim13

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
To any, I just graduated from an XP machine to a Win7 workstation with Outlook 2013 (32bit). I know there is something with copying the .dbx files and putting them into a special location, but that was with Windows Live Mail. I never really got that far when I decided to go straight to Outlook (cause I had it for free). So, if anyone could point out how to make that happen, I would appreciate it. It seems Windows Live Mail is all set up to grab those .dbx files, but when I try to Import in Outlook, there is no "Import from Outlook Express" option, and the only other option that seems viable is looking for .pst files. Thanks, Jim L

Re: looking to bring in all my folders from Outlook Express (XP) to Outlook 20

On the old computer (with Outlook Express) install Outlook 2003. Let it create a new .PST file in "Microsoft Office Outlook 2003-2007 Personal Folders - UniCode Format" format (if asked to choose).

Inside Outlook 2003, import Outlook Express (contacts and emails) which it should detect and be able "to see" on this machine.

You can even setup Accounts and use-it/test-it if you want. Close Outlook and backup that PST file to safe location.

Install Outlook 2003 (or whole Office 2003 suite) on new computer. Patch to SP3. You might have to un-install from old PC or call Microsoft before it will Activate with CoA.

Restore PST to new computer and setup as default file. I suggest a common place like "\My Documents\Outlook_Data\". Setup email accounts and test. I suggest option "Leave on Server for 14 days" if you have other devices like smart-phone.

If you only want to move Contacts from old OutlookExpress ... you can just install Outlook 2003 on new machine (and create a fresh PST file). Export Contacts (likely in .WAB or .CSV file format) from old OE and Import into Outlook2003 on new machine.

Accounts can't be exported from/to Outlook2003 so don't even try. Just write down settings and be ready to re-create the accounts as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
sophievldn Looking for a macro that moves completed items from subfolders to other subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C Looking for feedback on new Outlook Add-in Using Outlook 0
B Looking to get the Recipient email address (or even the "friendly name") from an email I am replying to using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
G Looking for help with our Organization Forms Library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
peacepanda How to save attachment looking at the attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Looking to move away from exchange to outlook.com Using Outlook 4
B Looking for Outlook 2013 update for Send Drafts Macro Using Outlook 4
Aussie Looking for Outlook macro to Copy Recipient Names into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Looking for options and best practices for an Edge Server (Exchange or not) Exchange Server Administration 0
M Looking for trainer in Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
B Looking for an add-in or a way to send automatic replies based off a list Using Outlook 2
R Outlook Template: Looking to distribute a VBA Outlook template to other people Using Outlook 1
J Looking for a solution (maybe an add-in) to easily track email conversations Using Outlook 3
I Looking for a productivity add-in similar to "Nostalgy" for Thunderbird Using Outlook 5
Q Looking for Outlook 2010 Close Event Id Exchange Server Administration 1
C Looking for way to tie a Business Contact to more than one Account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
J OL2003 Macro disables itself - looking for way to automate 'enable' Using Outlook 2
R Looking for my BCM backup files BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Looking for email address under ItemSend event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S Looking for client-side method (Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007) for users to delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Looking for a Utility for Editting An Exported Rules (.rwz) File Using Outlook 6
P Outlook looking for Copy of Outlook.pst Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U looking for feedback on installation process and on eMarking Assis Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Programmatically bring up Advanced Find for contacts? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
icacream Outlook 2021 Win 10 - Nothing goes in my Drafts or Sent items folders ! Using Outlook 1
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
CWM550 Saving Data: Don't check certain folders Using Outlook 2
J Unable to delete folders in Outlook 2019 / Windows Using Outlook 0
D This folder up to date vs all folders up to date Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Adjusting font size in folders Using Outlook 1
Abraham Outlook 2013 Lost my folders when moving from PST to IMAP Using Outlook 11
J How to import many msg into different public folders in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
O Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. You do not have permission to log on. Using Outlook 1
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
R Moved 6 months worth (approx 1500 emails) lost from moving from TPG inbox to Icloud inbox (folders) Using Outlook 3
C What folders are needed when reinstalling Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
P Color Code or highlight folders in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
A Moving Public Folders to New Database Exchange Server Administration 3
Paul Hobbs Automatically accept "Empty Folders" prompt Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Problem moving file “Email folders.pst” to new PC Using Outlook 5
D How To Combine Share Task Folders in just one Folder Using Outlook 0